Bodo Moeller wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 10:55:13AM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> >> This fix for err.c is correct.
> >>
> >> But evp_test.c should never have called OPENSSL_config() because
> >> OPENSSL_config() uses the configuration file found in an OpenSSL
> >> *installation*.  If we want to use a configuration file during
> >> 'make test', we should use one located in the source tree.
>
> > It may be a good idea to test that configuration works, somehow. And
> > yeah, I shouldn't have put config in evp_test, it was a mistake.
>
> Now with Steve's change (add a file name parameter to OPENSSL_config())
> the OPENSSL_config() call can be put back into evp_test -- it just
> should use a file in the source code tree.

Its not a file name parameter it is the config section to use in order
to use something other than "openssl_conf". I thought that was one of
the requested features. If I've misinterpreted it I can change it to
specify an alternative config file. I'm not sure either is really needed
if I move some more of the handling over to CONF_modules_load_file().

It isn't too hard to specify an alternative filename at present anyway
just doing:

if (CONF_modules_load_file(filename, section, flags) <= 0)
        /* Some error occurred */

instead of calling OPENSSL_config() should do the trick. Doing things
that way allows it to exit and tidy up gracefully rather than the abrupt
exit(1) of OPENSSL_config().

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/