Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> To make it very clear, the locations that I'm seeing warnings are:
>
> ssl\kssl.c:
>
> In print_krb5_data() kdata->length is unsigned
>
> In print_krb5_keyblock() keyblk->length is unsigned
>
> In print_krb5_princ() princ->realm.length and
> princ->realm.data[i].length are unsigned.
>
> and then in ssltest.c (not related to kerberos) I'm seeing an unsigned
> vs signed comparison on line 1058:  r < num

As I mentioned I got kerberos 1.2.4 sources from:

http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/k/krb5

kdata is of type krb5_data and in my version the kerberos header file
krb5.h contains:

typedef struct _krb5_data {
        krb5_magic magic;
        int length;
        char FAR *data;
} krb5_data;

This is in kerbsrc.zip generated from Unix. I've checked the linux
headers and the same thing is in there. Maybe there are different
versions of the source with different types for this field?

I'll just cast it to (int) in the above cases, that should shut the
compiler up.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/