Hi guys.

I find it rather unfortunate that you provide crypt() function. This
causes a lot of conflicts in poorly written configure scripts and
Makefiles especially on GNU systems that provide crypt with richer
functionality.

I see few possible solutions:
    - removing crypt() from libcrypto
        this has probably close to no chance as there may be many
        projects that rely on your implementation
    - optionally removing crypt()
        based on options given to config script
    - enhancing crypt() with the functionality provided by GNU glibc so
      that it provides the same features (MD5 crypt)

I'm looking forward to your point of view.

Jan

--
Jan Fedak                                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Linux - the ultimate NT Service Pack.