On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:27:11AM +0300, Mike Pechkin wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:46:28AM +0200, Lutz Jaenicke via RT wrote:
>
> > > For instance, mod_ssl 2.8.8-1.3.24 use workaround:
> > > #ifndef NID_uniqueIdentifier
> > > #define NID_uniqueIdentifier             102
> > > #endif
> >
> > I don't like this option. As it is now, the new (correct)
> > NID_uniqueIdentifier is not yet enabled. Once it is, this mechanism will
> > fail.
> When it will be enable?

I don't know. As long as it is not defined, applications using it in its
old form will break already during compilation. That's a good thing to make
sure it doesn't stay unnoted :-)

> > #if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER < 0x00907000L
> > #define NID_X500UniqueIdentifier NID_UniqueIdentifier
> > #endif
> Should  this be removed after #define above will be enable?

No. This section says: On older versions, NID_X500UniqueIdentifier is
not available, use its old form instead.

I would like to see more discussions about this issue. I have looked
around some more and still find referrals like
  http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/2.5.4.45.html
with the UniqueIdentifier term instead of X500UniqueIdentifier.
I have set [EMAIL PROTECTED], who supplied this entry, and
[EMAIL PROTECTED], the maintainer of this very practical database,
on the CC list. Hopefully they don't feel bothered but help in discussing
this item...
( http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=82
  login is "guest"/"guest" )

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/