I just realised that the configuration entries for AIX currently
assume a 32-bit environment.  The question is how gcc view this, and
especially what size an int is, and also the size of a long.  If
either of them is 64 bits, a different configuration entry may be
useful, perhaps called "aix43-gcc64", which is a copy if the
"aix43-gcc" entry, with BN_LLONG changed to SIXTY_FOUR_BIT (if the
size of int is 8 bytes) or SIXTY_FOUR_BIT_LONG (if int is only 4
bytes but long is 8 bytes).

Wanna try that out with -O3 and say if that made a difference?

Otherwise, I'm still inclined at saying we've a compiler bug to deal
with and leave it at that.

[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Wed Jul 17 21:39:38 2002]:

--
Richard Levitte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]