These are my patches to get "openssl s_client" working on
MSDOS / djgpp / Watt-32.

The assumtion that DOS in general can do select() on stdin/stdout
is wrong (allthough djgpp has some support for it, it's slow and clunky).
My patch uses kbhit() as Win32/WinCE does.

One other patch: I had to prevent setting stdin/stdout in O_BINARY
mode in crypto/bio/bss_file.c. Because it will disable breaking out of a
stuck programs (^C/^Break stops working in binary mode).

After these patches I'm able to do:
echo GET /index.html | openssl.exe s_client -connect www.fortify.net:443

and it gives me get index.html okay. So I guess it works!!

Patch against latest 0.9.8 beta snapshot attached.

Gisle V.

# rm /bin/laden
/bin/laden: Not found