On Tue, Nov 07, 2006, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> gcc 4.2 no longer allows function casting - which is used rather heavily by
> openssl. (To make things worse, it compiles but inserts abort() statements
> resulting in app crashes).

Ugh, I would've thought that flagging a compiliation error would make more
sense rather that outputting bad code...

> You can see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-07/msg00037.html
>
> for a discussion on the gcc devel list.
>
> Is there a fix to make OpenSSL compatible with gcc 4.2/4.3 yet?

No there isn't yet, some technique will be needed to make this still work by
tweaking some of the macros. Does casting a function to (void *) first then
the function cast work?

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.