On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 15:58 -0800, Elwin Stelzer Eliazer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am experimenting with a CAVIUM SSL hardware accelerator, and there
> seems to be two ways to use the hardware.
> One option is through OpenSSL Engine interface. The other option is by
> using their proprietary TurboSSL library, which appears to be a port
> of OpenSSL.
> I do see more work involved in porting our apps on to TurboSSL, but
> some of the optimizations they have done seem to be very effective.
> I would like to know if OpenSSL will have any of these types of
> optimizations in the next releases?

I was looking at these cards recently because I needed some kind of SSL
accelerator card. However they did not provide too much details about
the card's driver.

My question might be offtopic here, but I'd like to know how well these
cards work under a recent version of Linux. E.g. is the driver
compatible with recent kernels? Is it available in source or binary-only
form?

What about its OpenSSL bindings? Is it available in source, so that I'm
free to change OpenSSL versions while still being able to use the card?

We are using our own Debian derived distribution, so if the card is uses
binary-only modules or binds to a certain OpenSSL version, then it would
not be good for us.

Thanks in advance,

--
Bazsi