Darryl Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> So the -DPURIFY kills the only known source of uninitialized data
> warnings in the OpenSSL project that has been reported todate.

There's another little one in RAND_load_file.  If the function is
given a non-NULL file that doesn't exist, it still does

        /* If the state fails, put some crap in anyway */
        RAND_add(&sb,sizeof(sb),0.0);

for the (uninitialised) struct stat sb.  So I suggest an #ifndef
PURIFY around that.  (Or, I guess, if PURIFY is defined, initialise
sb.)

[...]