Hi,

Hodie IV Non. Mar. MMIX, Oliver Martin via RT scripsit:
> This patch adds support for GeneralizedTime for startdate/enddate in
> openssl ca. I guess not too many people need certificates beyond 2049
> (or before 1950) right now, but having the capability surely can't hurt.
>
> Also, previously it accepted non-GMT times and values without seconds,
> both of which are not allowed by RFC 5280 (and previous ones). This is
> fixed too.
[...]

RFC5280 is a *profile* of X.509, i.e. a subset; it cannot replace
X.509.
Non Zulu times, minute accuracy, and fractional seconds are accepted
in X.509, why should it be refused by OpenSSL?

--
Erwann ABALEA <erwann.aba...@keynectis.com>
-----