> [shanemhan...@gmail.com - Wed Sep 26 20:08:24 2012]:
>
> eng_cryptodev.c appears to be exhibit bad behavior when hashing large
files.
> The problem is that unless EVP_MD_CTX_FLAG_ONESHOT is set on the message
> digest context, the engine will continue to suck all the data into memory
> (the mac_data field) eventually exhausting
> the memory of the host machine. If that flag is set, then state doesn't
> carry over from operation to operation.
>
> I could be wrong, but it seems to be the correct way to call crypto dev is
> set the COP_FLAG_UPDATE flag during digest update, and set the
> COP_FLAG_FINAL
> flag when you're ready to read the digest.

Are those flags universally supported? If not then OpenSSL would need to
detect if they were present and not attempt to use them otherwise.

Is there a way to clone/copy a digest context? Various parts of OpenSSL
need to be able to copy a digest context so the copy is independent
after the call.

Steve.