Hi,

Attached the Patch for the OpenSSL with ALPN implementation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:57 AM
To: 'openssl-dev@openssl.org'
Subject: [Patch] ALPN Implementation for OpenSSL

Hi,

I work for Microsoft Open Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft
Corp. My team is currently working on the standardization process for HTTP/2.0:
as I believe many of you may have heard, the latest working draft @ IETF
requires using ALPN as the mechanism for secure negotiation, and we have been
working on a patch to OpenSSL to allow for early testing and interoperability.
More background is available at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03#section-2.3, but for
your convenience here goes the relevant snippet:

2.3.  Starting HTTP/2.0 for "https:" URIs

   A client that makes a request to an "https:" URI without prior
   knowledge about support for HTTP/2.0 uses TLS [RFC5246] with the
   application layer protocol negotiation extension [TLSALPN].

   Once TLS negotiation is complete, both the client and the server send
   a connection header (Section 3.2).

We will be submitting a patch request to openssl-b...@openssl.org as advised by
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/README#L178, and we will be
following discussions the mailing lists. Please feel free to give us your
feedback and, in case you would be interested in a formal contribution, advice
on the steps we need to take.

Thanks

Parashuram
Microsoft Open Technologies Inc