On 18 June 2013 08:11, Doru Georgescu via RT <r...@openssl.org> wrote:
> openssl 1.0.1e's man 3 ecdsa is two times outdated and horribly misleading.
> Since it was written the API changed and then EC_KEY was buried into the
> inner headers of the library such that key->group (it should have been
> eckey->group, I guess) can no longer be accessed directly like in the manual
> example. When I searched openssl ecdsa on google I found stackoverflow
> answers only and it took me a long time to put together the snippets of
> information and understand how to use openssl ecdsa correctly, in spite of
> the manual example. Only after I did that I started to google for specific
> functions in the API and I finally found wiki.openssl.org, which is pretty
> good. Please substitute the man ecdsa (and other unhappy manuals) in openssl
> 1.0.1e with a link to wiki.openssl.org to make many openssl beginners happy.

Hi Doru

I recently wrote and had accepted some manual pages on the usage of
EC_KEY (only in the git master at the moment). See:

http://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Manual:EC_KEY_new(3)

With regards to other manual pages it is now possible to make updates
and fixes directly on the wiki (as long as you are comfortable with
POD syntax). Periodically I will be submitting as a patch to the
project containing any updates made on the wiki. Alternatively you can
use the "Talk" page associated with each man page to raise any
specific concerns.

Matt