On Tue Nov 26 22:30:34 2013, cosborn...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I've noticed what appears to be a bug in the 586 assembly-optimized
> AES_cbc_encrypt function of OpenSSL 1.0.1e, (compiled on Windows)
> when encrypting data that is> 1 block in length, but not an
> integral multiple of the block size.

Well the low level cbc routines behaviour when the input is not a multiple of
the block size is undefined. The higher level EVP routines pad the input data
to a multiple of the blocks size if block padding is not disabled. If block
padding is disabled then attempting to encrypt data whose total length is not a
multiple of the block size returns an error.

Steve.