On Mon Dec 16 22:20:47 2013, rbar...@yahoo-inc.com wrote:

> Thank you Steve. Not sure how to proceed from here, is there more
> information from the core dumps which would be useful?

Yes, please print out the entire s->s3->handshake_dgst array instead of just
the first element. That is:

s->s3->handshake_dgst[0]
s->s3->handshake_dgst[1]
.. up to ...
s->s3->handshake_dgst[5]

> I suppose this could be an integration issue between traffic server and
> openssl, but I don't see how since we don't have any crash issues when
> SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_2 is set in the call to SSL_CTX_set_options for the server
> ctx. Keep in mind that we could be dealing with a not-well-behaved or
> well intentioned client.

OpenSSL of course should not crash when presented with a broken or mailicious
client.

Well if you have SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_2 set then the only MD5+SHA1 digests in that
array are set. If however you use TLS v1.2 then others can be used too. So it's
possible that something is confusing that array initialisation using a TLS v1.2
client, but I'm not sure of the mechanism.

Steve.