On Tue, Apr 01, 2014, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> What were your plans for X509_VERIFY_PARAM_ID_st for DANE?  That's
> where the TLSA records were going to be right?
>
> If you post a note about the approach you want to take with extending
> X509_VERIFY_PARAM_ID_st I can provide a more complete patch.

At this stage it doesn't matter too much how X509_VERIFY_PARAM_ID is extended
as long as it stays as an opaque structure in a private header file. By doing
that it can be reorganised later to handle new features without breaking binary
compatibility. That would be much trickier if new fields had been added to the
X509_VERIFY_PARAM which is defined in a public header file.

Steve.