To: "Levin, Igor" <ile...@akamai.com>
From: Geoffrey Thorpe
Sent by: owner-openssl-...@openssl.org
Date: 06/11/2014 05:54PM
Cc: "openssl-dev@openssl.org" <openssl-dev@openssl.org>, "Salz, Rich" <rs...@akamai.com>
Subject: Re: Locking inefficiency

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Levin, Igor <ile...@akamai.com > wrote:

                Geoff,

we did not seem to be able to figure out what openssl Makefile actually builds crypto/threads/th-lock.c

In our particular case we explicitly included that file when building our server, but for “pure” OpenSSL, what make includes th-lock.c ?

Apparently, nothing. I believe the intention is to do precisely what you do. Ie. incorporate that code into your app, so that it registers the pthread locking callbacks through the openssl API.

Cheers,
Geoff