On 11/06/14 08:23, Matt Caswell wrote:
> On 11 June 2014 06:47, Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:35:06PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:
>>> I can't see a way that this could be exploited. It is a bug though.
>>>
>>> I've just pushed a fix:
>>> https://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commit;h=2f1dffa88e1b120add4f0b3a794fbca65aa7768d
>>>
>>> Matt
>>
>> It's common courtecy to attribute fixes to the original author or at
>> least the project.
>
> Well the fix itself was mine, although admittedly it is very similar
> to the original fix (there are only so many ways you can write that),
> and differs only in variable names etc. My apologies. I probably
> should have at least acknowledged the original source.
>
> Sorry

Didn't think this was left in a particularly acceptable position, so
I've done some research into how best to "rewrite history". Obviously
that's a bad idea for technical reasons so instead I have added a new
commit to revert the original one:
https://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commit;h=043fd6468986e61f7379bc7e989507f639de8d14

And then reapplied the commit (this time with appropriate attribution):
https://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commit;h=687721a7dcfe2b819cbf913b134eb7682555d8ff

Hopefully that is sufficient. My apologies once again.

Matt