On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com> wrote:
>> Minor clarification is appropriate. MSDOS is supported in single "stance",
>> namely DJGPP, which is 32-bit environment.
>
> Good point.
>
> So the idea is that MSDOS gets turned into DJGPP.  BEOS and OS/2 are removed
> in HEAD (i.e., after 1.0.2), and Microsoft means WINDOWS of various flavors.

What exactly does Windows mean? Is that the GUI version of Windows
from 1995 on? Does it include Windows NT 4.0 and perhaps 3.5 (I think
3.5 included Winsock)?

Looking forward, does it include Windows RT? Windows RT is a real
bastard case - it does not provide access to the raw socket APIs from
C/C++ (unlike Windows 8 and Windows Phone). RT provides managed access
to sockets via System.Net.Sockets namespace.

Forgive my ignorance, Rich.

Jeff