--On Monday, January 25, 2016 12:05 AM +0100 Richard Levitte <levi...@openssl.org> wrote:

quanah> Actually it was Ubuntu rather than RHEL.  Unfortuantely, beyond
that, quanah> we're lacking on details, other than it was a perl found in
quanah> /usr/local/bin.

Ok, so I take it someone had made a local build and installation of
perl and forgot to clear it out when the perl package was installed.
That *ahem* happens to me at times.  That's nothing the OpenSSL build
can have any control over, or env.

Generally speaking, '#!/usr/bin/env perl' is the right thing to do,
really.

Yeah, I'm primarily noting it so that if it comes up in the future, there's an idea as to what the solution is for the end user (fix their path, etc).

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect