Hello!

I have been using openssl to get OCSP status for a certificate and I ran across
an interesting case.

OCSP responses do not seem to include the intermediate certificates so they
have to be acquired in other ways.   I have been doing this and adding them to
the certificate stack handed to OCSP_basic_verify().

However, I have noticed that these certificates are not used in creating a
certificate chain back to a root CA because they are not added to the
X509_STORE_CTX that is sent to X509_verify_cert() and
X509_STORE_CTX_get1_chain().

I am relatively new to this so I may be incorrect; however, it seems to me that
the certificates in the cert argument should be added to the X509_STORE_CTX.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Greg

--