On Tue, 2016-07-26 at 23:52 +0000, David Benjamin wrote:
> Ah, you've hit upon a slew of odd behaviors which only got fully fixed on the
> master branch.

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I'm not going to touch that with
a barge-pole then.

> (I'm not familiar with DTLS1_BAD_VER, but if it's a different
> protocol version, it sounds like you should configure it like other
> versions and not mess with session resumption bugs.)

It's a different protocol version, and the *only* way it ever gets used
in the modern world is with a session resume (because that's how
Cisco's AnyConnect VPN works). Hence the thought process was that if
the session resume would *force* the protocol version (which you now
told me it shouldn't, for the client), then I wouldn't *need* any other
method of specifying it.

In RT#3711 we had previously talked about the option of enabling full
support via something like DTLSv0_9_client_method(), and it had been
decided not to — on the basis that the existing SSL_OP_CISCO_ANYCONNECT
hack was sufficient.

That's less true now with the generic DTLS_client_method() and
DTLS_ANY_VERSION, because the SSL_OP_CISCO_ANYCONNECT hack needs to be
propagated into a lot more places and it actually ends up being
*cleaner* to implement it "properly" AFAICT.

I've updated my submission in PR#1296 accordingly; thanks for the
feedback.

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1296

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation