On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 16:22 -0800, James Bottomley wrote:

> I'm guessing you mean this:
>
> https://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/wp-content/uploads/TSS_Version_1.2_Level_1_FINAL.pdf
>
> ?  It still doesn't tell you who the expected parent of the key would
> be, which is the problem I'm currently trying to solve.

Right, in S3.23 ("Portable Data") or thereabouts. And yes, it doesn't
indicate the parent key. As discussed, the TssBlob structure there is
fairly pointless which is presumably why the TPM ENGINE didn't use it,
and just dumped the actual blob (which I later put into an OCTET_STRING
 in the PEM files, IIRC).

I was hoping that the TPM 2.0 spec would fix that, maybe?

--
dwmw2