We don’t need the full output width of a good hash function, but for _this_
purpose (as far as I understand) we don’t need the strength of a good hash
function either – and we surely don’t need the unnecessary performance hit of a
good hash where we don’t need a good hash.

Or am I missing something?

—

Regards,

Uri

On 1/10/17, 2:19 PM, "openssl-dev on behalf of Benjamin Kaduk"