Hey there,
I am realy new in ssl, so perhaps this Question is stupid,
but perhaps I am getting an answer:

Normaly first I have to create a CSR-Key : ----with this command
cd /usr/local/ssl/certs
/usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -key server.key -out
server.csr

Ok, now I have my CSR. This one can bee send to verisign,etc to get my ca or
I can
make my own ca, with the following command:
cd /usr/local/ssl/certs
/usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -key server.csr -out
server.ca

But now I get an Error-Message:
Why ?????

When I buils my CSR with:
openssl req  -new -x509 -nodes -out server.csr -keyout server.csr -days 365
then :
ln -s server.csr '/usr/local/ssl/bin/x509 -noout -hash < server.csr'.0

then  the CA:
openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -key server.csr -out server.ca

Now everything is OK !!!

I cannot understand the difference !

What and how is the best (and simple) way for building an CSR and a CA !

I hopefully waiting for an answer with examples !

Thanx

Thomas