> I for my part would love to use openSSL in our medical project - but it
> looks as if we can't, due to this licensing problem. We will have to "roll
> our own", which is stupid and will cost us several months of development
> time. However, we do not want to loose our efforts to commercial
> vultures -
> we need our software and all its descendants to remain free for
> the sake of
> free knowledge access in medicine - and no other licensing scheme but the
> GPL gives us that protection.

        In other words, you are suffering from a problem you could easily solve for
anyone else in the future but (apparently out of spite) you don't choose to.
If you're upset that you're going to have to roll your own to get around a
licensing restriction, why deliberately put other people in the same
position because their needs aren't compatible with _your_ licensing
restrictions?

        *sigh* Free software vultures are at least as bad as commercial vultures.

        DS