Hi,

Our purpose is to write an add-on to openSSL in order to interface it
safely and comprehensively with a smartcard.

My teammate and I have come a long way in understanding the high-level
cryptography structure -- where the methods are found, how to use them,
etc, but where we get stuck is the following:

for example, in openssl-0.9.6a/crypto/rsa/rsa.h the following methods
are mentioned:

int (*rsa_pub_enc)(int flen,unsigned char *from,unsigned char *to,
                           RSA *rsa,int padding);
int (*rsa_pub_dec)(int flen,unsigned char *from,unsigned char *to,
                           RSA *rsa,int padding);

And they are again mentioned in rsa_lib.c where

int RSA_public_encrypt(int flen, unsigned char *from, unsigned char *to,
             RSA *rsa, int padding)

returns it, but that's all. Are we missing something? Where are all the
low-level methods defined? Are they system-native or protected or have I
overlooked something entirely?

I appreciate your help immensely,
(let alone how much I learn just from lurking on this list)
Gila. (Monstre)