On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Vadim Fedukovich wrote:
> what are the rules or known-good examples of negative number encoding?
> I'm trying to encode -2 as part of currency-amount-power sequence
> and Peter Gutmann's dumpasn1 tool shows it as -254.

It surely looks like a simple error in the dump tool, to me.  An eight-bit
signed value of -2 would be 254 if interpreted as unsigned.

I can recommend Olivier Dubuisson's book on ASN.1, but my copy is at home
now so I can't refer to it.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Make a good day.