[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to generate a pkcs10 request with req command line tool but I
> don't
> know how to specify a particular key usage.
> I know I have to work in openssl.cnf line marked 'req_extension'... what
> kind of string has to be added in that line?

Its req_extensions and you have to add a section name. The syntax of
that section is the same as other extensions, see doc/openssl.txt for
detailed information.

For example:

req_extensions = ext_req

[ext_req]

keyUsage = critical, digitalSignature, nonRepudiation

A CA may ignore request extension information.

OpenSSLs 'ca' command ignores request extension except in the latest
development snapshot where this is an option to copy them to the
certificate.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/