My company has had great success with PRNGd.  It basically takes
log files, and whatever else it can get its hands on to generate
a pool of random characters...

Anyhow, you can get it from here:
http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/personen/jaenicke/postfix_tls/prngd.html

It supports about any OS that doesn't have /dev/random or /dev/urandom

You just need to seed OpenSSL using:
RAND_egd()

You just pass one parameter to RAND_egd, and that is the location
of the socket PRNGd mounts ....

Good Luck

-Brad

Chandra Sekhar Suram wrote:
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding the Randomness generated using OpenSSL.

I have an application that uses OpenSSL for cryptographic operations including generation of keys.
I used DieHard tool for getting a statistical analysis on the Randomness. Here
many tests are failing.

I am suspecting that Iam not seeding properly.

Can any one help me to properly use the random number module of OpenSSL.

I tried to seed with a big string using Rand_add(buff, sizeof(buff), 25)... and failed with the DieHard.

I do not have any file system support to read random data from files like /dev/urandom.

Kindly help me to come out of this problem..

Regards
Suram