Use  RAND_egd("/var/opt/prngd/egd-pool")
in whatever program you're compiling to use with OpenSSL.
Just make sure you call that routine before doing any
SSL functions.

-Brad

KING,RICHARD (HP-Boise,ex1) wrote:
OS: HPUX 11
SSL VER: OpenSSL 0.9.6g 9 Aug 2002

Hello,

I'm compiling SSL from source. My problem is that my system does not have
"/dev/random". So I installed a entropy gathering daemon called "prngd". I
wanted to use SSL with prngd, so I used the following line to install SSL:

./config --with-prngd-socket=/var/opt/prngd/egd-pool

However this did not work. Is there a way to have SSL use prngd?

Rick King