On Mon, Aug 11, 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thank you for the hint it is worth thinking about another approach but I
> think I am through (and tested) with all but the last line that is:
> openssl ca -in server.csr -out server.crt -config openssl.conf -passin
> pass:password
> and the only problem sees to be that "The commonName field needed to be
> supplied and was missing"
> And I do not see any error in the declaration of openssl.conf

Your openssl.cnf file is saying that it is a fatal error if the request does
not contain the commonName field and the request you are trying to sign
doesn't include commonName.

Either edit openssl.cnf if that isn't what you want or makes sure he request
includes commonName.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.