Hi,

Well, I'am using Perl modules over openssl, not openssl directly.
Nevertheless, whatever the file extension you are using,
it seems to me that the way your certificate is managed mainly depends upon the command args or environment variables you are using
when you run this or that command.

So, I think the file extension is not really important.
On my own, I use .pem as file extension for my pem certificate.

Have a nice day, J.L.P.

Elie Lalo wrote:

Hi All,

Is it necessary to call a certificate with extension of .0? For example, if we have a certificate of type PEM, is it ok to name it certificate.pem or we have to name it certificatepem.0? I am using openssl-0.9.7d
Thanks in advance for the help.

Elie

Elie Lalo
Senior Software Engineer
Desktop Technologies Group
1414 Mass Avenue
Boxborough, MA 01719
Cisco  Systems, Inc.
Tel : (978)936-1160
Fax: (978)936-2212

Jean-Luc Pinardon                          TCL&ALCATEL Mobile Phones MTD
Change & Configuration Management          165, Boulevard de Valmy
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    92707 Colombes Cedex
Phone : +33 1 55 66 77 54                  France
Fax : +33 1 55 66 33 37