Hello all,

I'm looking for ways to use OpenSLL from Java on an embedded platform (J2ME
CDC), in order to be able to take advantage of the hardware crypto
acceleration which is available on that platform. Does anyone out there have
experience of this? Google comes up with a number of projects:
 - JavaSSL: link (from http://www.openssl.org/related/apps.html) is broken.
 - ITISSL: server http://sponsor.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/itissl/ is not
reachable.
 - SSLava  (from Phaos): but does this useOpenSSL? Looks like not.
 - PureTLS + GoNative: looks hopeful, but is it maintained? The web page
mentions a serious problem with SHA-1 which "will be fixed in the next
version" ...

BTW what is GSS-API (RFC 2853), which also turned up in my searches? I know it
stands for Generic Security Service, but where does it fit into the puzzle?

TIA,

Chris

--
Chris Gray        /k/ Embedded Java Solutions  BE0503765045
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/