On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:35:52 +0200
"Dr. Stephen Henson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2005, Steffen Pankratz wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:12:15 +0400

> > > Not for win32. Just for MSVC build. Use mingw32 and you'll get shared
> > > build with working dynamic engines. And nothing would prevent you from
> > > linking these dlls into application written in MSVC.
> > >
> > > Just use mingw32 for building openssl dlls.
> >
> > why shouldn't it be possible to use MSVC to compile openssl (shared and
> > with dynamic engine support)?
> > are there any serious reasons?
> >

> There is a separate build system for MSVC.
>
> It generates its own Makefile and various other files from the existing
> Makefiles. It doesn't attempt to completely parse the files or the options use
> it just does enough to make the VC build work.
>
> What this means is that most simple changes to a Makefile (adding new source
> files) can be handled automatically. More complex changes (adding new
> directories or sub libraries) requires manual changes to the build system.
>
> In this case a whole new mechanism will need to be added to handle the
> building of shared library ENGINEs automatically. The main reason it isn't
> there is that no one has got round to it yet.
>
> Steve.
> --

Thank you for your answer.
So I'm on my own :)

I don't need to build the engines bundled with openssl as shared library.
I 'just' need support for loading dynamic engines to get my own engine working

I don't if you read all the thread
right know i have to trick to get my engine compiled properly but i'm not sure
about it's working with the openssl program
because if I can't use 'shared', 'no-shared' is used and
OPENSSL_NO_DYNAMIC_ENGINE is defined then.
Also why openssl prints '(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support' (openssl.exe
engine) when there is no support for it.

I hope you understand what I mean.

I'm trying to get Openssl build with MSVC and support for dynamic engines.

--
Hypnos powered by LFS SVN-20041206 (Linux 2.6.13.4)
        visit   http://www.kratz00.org/

Best regards, Steffen Pankratz.

PGP PUBLIC KEY: http://www.kratz00.org/kratz00.at.gmx.de.asc