Daniel Maag wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to compile OpenSSL V0.9.8a.
Visual Studio 2005 has  several functions deprecated
(read,write,fileno....).

Honestly, I don't believe that OpenSSL should waste cycles to support any
compiler that deliberate moves away from posix.  Fairly certain it's MS's
goal to move as far away from building open source as they can without
pissing off commercial developer/users enough to move to alternate compilers
(which don't necessarily keep up with every latest and greatest hooks into
the MS API).  Just my 2c.

[FYI I understand the behavior varied in multiple versions of the beta into
the final release.]

You might refer to the cl flags to enable the 'deprecated' posix standard
for C; the ISO C++ standard doesn't apply to C language code, in spite of all
the dreamy //thoughts Microsoft has on C language parsing.

Bill