Darryl Miles wrote:
All you have to do inside OpenSSL is know if your underlying IO mode is blocking or non-blocking and set a flag everytime to you enter a high-level call from the application context.

Then _BEFORE_ you issue any low-level I/O you test to see it your low-level IO is in blocking mode and the flag is reset. If that condition is true to return -1 and WANT_READ/WANT_WRITE depending on what you just about to try and do.

Then _AFTER_ everytime you issue a low-level I/O (read or write) you reset that flag.

You now get one I/O per high level call.

An omission.

The test _BEFORE_ low level IO need to also check that SSL_MODE_AUTO_RETRY is not set (along with the other things listed above).

Darryl