Hi. I'm new to this forum and was wondering if I could get some
assistance. I have an SSL Acceleration device that is comparable of
supporting 50,000 concurrent connections. I would like to put this in my
lab here at work and test the upper limit of this device. I'm concerned
about the backend web server needed for this test effort. I'm trying to
find out what the "appropriate" number of backend servers needed to test
the upper limit of the SSL device. If I understand correctly each
backend server is going to have an upper limit of 65535 TCP ports that
can be opened (as the Source IP will most likely always be the SSL
device). On the surface it looks like the backend server "should" be
enough to handle the upper limit of the SSL device. However, that
assumes that every connection is successful and the backend server has
enough other resources to handle the load. Does anybody have any
practical experience with this? And any recommendations on the number of
backend servers at a specific load? Thanks in advance

Eric Johnson
Nortel Networks
SQA Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]