Sergey S. Levin wrote:
Why the data transfer speed of the OpenSSL client and server is nearly 10 times slower then when using the regular sockets? The code of the standard samples of client and servers are used.

Are you also measuring the time it takes to setup the SSL connection or are you only measuring throughput as your comment implies.

From glancing at your code it looks like your bulk data transfer is something like 300 lots of nBioBlockSize, and I presume nBioBlockSize is <= 10k, so thats only 3Mb of data.

I dont see any timing code in the middle to separate the timings for the SSL cryptographic setup phase from the application data transfer phase. I think you are doing a piggybacked connection setup so your first application data write is performing the SSL connection setup implicitly.

So may I suggest you insert code to emit high-precision timing for:

* application startup
* just before entering the for(;;) loop
* after the first BIO_write() completes
* at application termination

Then you report your findings and an outline report of the hardware and network connection at both ends back to the list.

You might want to also increase the number of iterations so that 4Gb of application data is transfered and see if the overall throughput is nearer the speed you were expecting. (This reduces the cost of the SSL connection setup in the overall figure you are comparing against).

Darryl