Stephan V Bechtolsheim wrote:
To be sure we should use another library:
$ cat gmp5.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include <gmp.h>
To be sure one needs to go back to the mathematical definition of what is a
prime.

To use a program as proof is really not a proof. What you have proven is that
GMP is correct in determining that 2 is a prime number, not that 2 is a prime
number.

StvB

Any positive integer greater than one (1) that is divisible only by itself and one (1) is a prime number.

That's a basic 3rd grade definition. Wikipedia and Wolfram's MathWorld have more elaborate definitions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_number
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PrimeNumber.html

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions

Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
http://www.slproweb.com/

Ask me about discounts on any Shining Light Productions product!