Please take a look at this thread for assistance.

In your case manually run these 3 commands:

cd apps

gcc -DMONOLITH -I.. -I../include  -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT \
 -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -Wall \
 -DMD32_REG_T=int -DMD5_ASM   -c -S -o s_server.s s_server.c

gcc -DMONOLITH -I.. -I../include  -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT \
 -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -Wall \
 -DMD32_REG_T=int -DMD5_ASM   -c -o s_server.o s_server.s

All I did was take your "gcc" command line and change "-o s_server.o" for "-S -o s_server.s" this causes the compiler to emit the assembler code in the file s_server.s, in there at line 437 is the error.

If you make that available somewhere online (rather than post it to the list) I can confirm the problem is a broken compiler or not.

Please confirm your binutils and gcc version.  gcc -v, ld -v

Darryl

Florian Schnabel wrote:
still noone has any ideas why it wont compile ?
i'm rather lost without openssl and i can't just reinstall the box without a lot of extra work