Hi,

    I am using OpenSSL 9.8a. *Is it advised to compile OpenSSL with highest
optimization level?* The reason I am asking is following note in PROBLEMS
document in OpenSSL source distribution -

"According to a problem report, there are bugs in gcc 3.0 that are
triggered by some of the code in OpenSSL, more specifically in
  PEM_get_EVP_CIPHER_INFO().  The triggering code is the following:
        header+=11;
        if (*header != '4') return(0); header++;
        if (*header != ',') return(0); header++;
  What happens is that gcc might optimize a little too agressively, and you
end up with an extra incrementation when *header != '4'.
  We recommend that you upgrade gcc to as high a 3.x version as you can."

I am trying to use the c89 utility to compile the OpenSSL.

--
I may be miles away... but I am just a email away.... so keep emailing...!!!
Cheers,