From: "Jinsong Du" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <openssl-users@openssl.org>
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 4:07 AM
Subject: SSL3_accept makes Server stuck

> (I sent the following post through Google Group, but it seems not appear
on
> the maillist)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple server using blocked socket and OpenSSL, its only
> function is for user registering an account. When an user connect to
> this server, it spawns a child process to handle the request. I found
> sometime child processes got stuck.
>
> I checked these malfunctioned process with gdb, and got the following
> output:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00002b80dffd7352 in read () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x00002b80de4160a1 in BIO_new_socket () from
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
> #2  0x00002b80de41449f in BIO_read () from /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
> #3  0x00002b80de23d57d in ssl3_read_n () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
> #4  0x00002b80de23dabd in ssl3_read_bytes () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
> #5  0x00002b80de23e795 in ssl3_get_message () from
/usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
> #6  0x00002b80de2340aa in ssl3_check_client_hello () from
> /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
> #7  0x00002b80de236855 in ssl3_accept () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
> #8  0x0000000000437945 in main ()
>
> seems like during the function call of ssl3_accept(), server waits for
> hand-shaking packet from user machine, but never get it. Or maybe the
> user machine was cut off from Internet accidentally, so server never
> got any hint, still wait for input. The socket is blocked one.
>
> Anyone has any idea about this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems