Silviu VLASCEANU wrote:
Hello,

I am developing an application which also has some CA functions. The application knows the public key, KpC, of a client which has a priori proven to this app the possession of KpC through an out-of-band mean. Therefore, when the application "calls" the CA functionality to generate the client's certificate, it should not need to provide the Proof-of-Possession of KpC by the client.

My question is which are the steps to be taken by the application, in order to have a certificate generated for KpC, without providing any PoP to the CA?

Any comments are welcome. Thank you in advance for your answer!

I have the same queasy feeling upon reading this as I would
a request for instructions on how to remove one's own appendix.

The only advice I can offer is: don't.

- M