F. wrote:
> If the true random generator is in /dev/random, and I want use only this
> device for random data using openssl.cnf:
> RANDFILE              = /dev/random
>
> Is this correct?

This is nearly correct. OpenSSL will read 2048 bytes from it
(2048 is hardcoded for device files to avoid endless loops, seems my
statement below was not completely up-to-date).
The first attempt to generate a pseudo random number will however
still read an additonal amount of bytes from /dev/urandom.

Best regards,
    Lutz