Don't know about FIPS, but this one should do it:

<snipped from code / header file aes.h:>

/* The input and output encrypted as though 128bit ofb mode is being
 * used.  The extra state information to record how much of the
 * 128bit block we have used is contained in *num;
 */

void AES_ofb128_encrypt(const unsigned char *in, unsigned char *out,
        size_t length, const AES_KEY *key,
        unsigned char *ivec, size_t *num);

(This was taken from a size_t-ified 0.9.9 CVS head source distro. Read
as: check your 0.9.8j aes.h header for the precise 0.9.8
interface/prototype.)

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:00 AM, a_l t <avisar.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the fips approved OpenSSL to do AES encryption in ISDN, therefore,
> I need to use the fips_128_AES_OFB function.
> If I understand correctly this function works on a 128bit (16 byte) block,
> so if I want to use it on larger blocks I need to call it in a loop.
> This is different from the AES_CBC function which works on every block size
> (as long as it is aligned to 128bit).
> Is there another OFB function which knows to handle different block sizes or
> loop is the only way.
>
> Thanks,
> Avisar

Ger Hobbelt