Okay, so if I get this right, you're saying you want to verify the
server certificate BUT you do NOT want to check it's activation date /
expiry date (i.e. the time range over which the certificate is valid)?

I'll forego the very bad security implications of such a wish (those
time ranges are there for a reason, after all), you can do such a
thing by providing your own certificate validation callback which does
forego the time checks.

You can register such a callback using the methods I mentioned before.

For an example verify callback, see the OpenSSL apps/verify.c source
code (this is off the top of my head; I may be wrong with the
filename, but the apps/ directory contains several sample applications
which showcase server- and client-cert verify callbacks; search the
apps/*.c code for places where those registration methods are called
and you'll be able to track down the verify callbacks from there.

I'll see if I can provide a little more detail this evening, but that
depends very much on what others have planned for me once I get home
;-)

Anyway, cave canem: from what I read in your request you are treading
dangerous security ground.

So far,

Ger

Ger Hobbelt