This is an April Fools' joke, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org on behalf of Geoff Thorpe
Sent: Wed 4/1/2009 12:11 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL 1.0.0 beta 1 released

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 09:05:05 Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
> The problem is that I was under the distinct impression 0.9.9 was the
> next release and 1.0.0 was a pipe dream a few years down the road (at
> least).

The choice of a 1.0 release is to clearly mark the fact that openssl is
shifting to a common base platform, namely Java. Platform independence
is going to make future development much easier, but represents a
significant enough change to warrant the new major version. This
decision has been driven by increasing demands to support as-yet
unsupported platforms; primarily Amiga, Z80, Casiotone, and Windows.

Regards,
Geoff

--
Un terrien, c'est un singe avec des clefs de char...