Joe Friedeggs <friedegg...@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to SSL, so any help would be
> greatly appreciated.  I just installed Openldap running TLS with self
> signed certs.  Everything *seems* to be working fine (LDAP logs show
> TLS encryption), but when I run the s_client from the LDAP (Linux)
> client, I only see ONLY:

I would guess that your server (and client) are using STARTTLS (so they
start in LDAP and use an LDAP protocol command to switch to TLS).

s_client (as of 0.9.8something) doesn't know about LDAP STARTTLS (and
you didn't specify -starttls anyway).

wireshark ought to show you what's happening (presuming you can get that
working, of course).

[...]