"Victor B. Wagner" <vi...@cryptocom.ru> writes:

[...]

> This is about unexpected values in KNOWN extension. Not about totally
> new extension with new OID.

I think you're misreading it---I think it's talking about unexpected
extensions.  In any case I think the language in RFC 5280 makes it
clearer (and we should assume that this was the intent of 3280):

   A certificate-using system MUST reject the certificate if it
   encounters a critical extension it does not recognize or a critical
   extension that contains information that it cannot process.  A
   non-critical extension MAY be ignored if it is not recognized, but
   MUST be processed if it is recognized.

[...]